Saturday, September 12th, I’m co-organizing a “Day of Digital Humanities,” at the University of Pittsburgh – Johnstown, featuring a keynote lecture by renowned digital artist and scholar Alan Sondheim, an exhibition of digital creative work by UPJ students and national artists, and a series of panels and hands-on workshops designed to encourage and inspire faculty and students to explore the digital realm!
The event is free and open to the public, and beginners are welcome. A full schedule can be found at the link above.
Acquired Taste has three upcoming readings in Pittsburgh — more to come.
AWP Los Angeles, 2016: I will be serving on the panel “Pedagogy’s Next Wave: Alternative to the Whole-Class Workshop,” during the conference, and am organizing the off-site reading Acquired Taste presents: Flash In the Pan (for which I am still seeking participants)!
- June 2015, Panel on Writing Trauma, North American Review Conference, Cedar Falls, IA
- May 2015, Master Class on Research Techniques, Creative Nonfiction Writer’s Conference, Pittsburgh, PA
- May 2015, Acquired Taste presents: Wild Food, The Smiling Moose, Pittsburgh, PA
- April 2015, Panel on Research in Creative Nonfiction, Conversations & Connections Conference, Johns Hopkins University, Washington, DC
- February 2015, Acquired Taste presents: Blood & Guts, brillobox, Pittsburgh, PA
- October 2014, Panel on Making the Personal Essay Universal, Conversations & Connections Conference, Chatham University in Pittsburgh, PA
- October 2014, Acquired Taste presents: Happy Hour, Wigle Whiskey, Pittsburgh, PA